To be successful, you need to be able to at least define what "success" is:
Merriam-Webster defines success as a:
"favorable or desired outcome"
It can also be the "attainment of wealth, favor, or eminence". These definitions leave a lot of room for variations among people. Indeed, the research supports that. When researchers ask men and women what their definitions of success are, they get a whole range of answers, and those answers change over time.
This could be explained because the Sapphire Leadership Group identified 7 Redemptive Gifts of individuals which each has a different God given designed, purpose and desires in life. For example for some success could be defined as:
- The ability to solve life's hardest problems
- The ability to create a safe comfortable environment
- The ability to complete personal projects
- To be popular and have many followers
- The ability to accumulate and provide wealth
- The ability to build productive empires
- To be loved and to have a good relationships with everyone
The immature person would apply these definitions for his or her own selfish favour which in itself only brings temporary happiness, but will not be fulfilling.
A more mature person would apply one or more of these definitions to:
"How can I use my success to make my world a better place for other?"
A mature believers would involve God and ask for His will and guidance to enable him or her to fulfill their God given purpose on Earth with their time, talents, opportunities, favour, wealth, resources and relationships.
This may be accomplished by applying principles regarding: