Perhaps another description for this redemptive gift could be “healer” as they have a heart (mercy) for the spiritually broken.
Their most important principle: Fulfillment
- They are very emotional.
- They usually have a huge number of acquaintances, but only a few close intimate friends.
- They crave physical contact and need to touch and hug people.
- They are slow to make transitions because they need emotional processing to disengage emotionally from one place and re-engage in another place.
- They can easily sense the wounded ones in a crowd no matter how good the plastic smile is.
- They rarely have enemies, and they easily get along with just about anybody in any context.
- They are easily trusted. People can safely come to them and share their hearts, hurts, pain…
- They have the ability to know God’s heart, but usually cannot explain why God’s will is the way it is.
- They love to worship and a mature mercy can enter much easier into the presence of God than any other gift.
- They hate confrontation because they are designed to keep people from hurting.
- They are prone to being indecisive because they do not want to hurt somebody and easily pass the responsibility to make a decision to someone else therefore they are easily abused.
They find fulfilment in intimacy, but this makes them also an easy target for victimisation.